Auto and Small Equipment Mechanic
Big Sky Land Management prides itself on being an excavation and forestry company that delivers excellent customer service and strives to complete projects on time and on budget. We’re looking for team players who enjoy seeing jobs through, no matter the size and scope of the job. By offering competitive pay and strong benefits we have acquired a great team of people and are excited to bring on new employees who feel the same.
The automobile and small equipment mechanic is responsible for maintaining and fixing the company’s automobiles and small equipment correctly and in a timely manner. We currently own and lease approximately 20 work trucks and 30 pieces of small equipment and attachments. Work will be performed inside in a shop, with occasional outside work in all weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to enhance vehicle and small equipment functionality and longevity.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures for vehicles, small equipment, to vehicle users.
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g., repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles, minor welding, fabrication, and electric repairs).
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedule and complete detailed records of each repair or maintenance occurrence.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience as Mechanic.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers).
- Ability to follow established written and verbal procedures and practices and read instructions.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, climbing ladders and stairs, reaching, pulling, leaning, and twisting and be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Willing to work outdoors in all-weather climates.
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Own full set of tools.
- CDL not needed.
- Compensation DOE.
- Travel/Living Stipend.
- Cell Phone Stipend.
- Paid Time Off.
- Health Insurance.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Vision and Dental.
- Retirement Plan.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Over-time Pay.
- Monthly Training.
- Yearly bonus based on job performance.
- Opportunities for continuing education.
- Regular company BBQs and social activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 – $37.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday