Big Sky Land Management prides itself on being an excavation and forestry company that delivers excellent customer service and strives to complete projects on time and on budget. We’re looking for team players who enjoy seeing jobs through, no matter the size and scope of the job. By offering competitive pay and strong benefits we have acquired a great team of people and are excited to bring on new employees who feel the same.
The equipment operator is able to perform all tasks for excavating a residential foundation including mass excavation, driveway construction, installing utilities, backfill, building retaining walls, and final grade. Applicants must be able to efficiently perform tasks within set time frames. Prior experience operating equipment, specifically excavators, in tight spaces and steep hillsides is a must.
- 5+ yr operating all types of heavy equipment such as excavators, loaders, dozers, compactors, skid steers, and trucks.
- 3+ yr excavating residential or commercial foundations.
- Strong ability to find grade with equipment and using lasers within half of an inch.
- Must be able to read plans and perform work per plan.
- Experience installing water/sewer services.
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Ability to maintain and inspect heavy equipment.
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 75+ pounds.
- Be reliable, on time and flexible.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel Per Diem
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vision and Dental
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Over-time Pay
- Monthly Training
- Yearly bonus based on job performance
- Safety bonus
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Regular company BBQs and social activities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 – $37.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Approx how many residential or commercial foundations have you dug?
- What other civil or excavation jobs have you worked on and have experience in? For example; mainline water, mainline sewer, stormwater, restoration, road construction, crushing, retaining walls, final grade.
- Are you local? If not, how serious are you about moving to the Bozeman area?
- excavating foundations: 3 years (Required)